2. Rob Webber – I spent a lot of time learning off him when I was in the academy. I was playing at hooker then so we worked on my throwing during many sessions.
3. Adam Jones – I’ve got to go with him. What a career he’s had and I learnt a lot from him when I was at the Ospreys.
4. Alun Wyn-Jones – An unbelievable leader at Ospreys over the years. Every time he spoke everyone listened. A true grafter who’s awesome at everything he does.
5. George Kruis – Another one from our 2010 England U20s team and even then you could tell he was going to be a very good player. Another hard working lock.
6. Serge Betsen – A legend of the game who I got to know at Wasps before he retired. He was always willing to help young players coming through so I tried to make the best of it.
7. Justin Tipuric – For various reasons, I moved to openside when I was at the Ospreys and he plays exactly how I want to play the game. Very fit and skilful and can do wonders at the breakdown.
8. Mark Bright – To be the Championship player of the Year once again at nearly 40 says it all really. Unbelievable player who never misses a training session.
9. Joe Simpson – I played with him at St Benedict’s School in Ealing before joining the Wasps academy. Very good player who can score some amazing tries.
10. Dan Biggar – Huge work rate from fly-half and his desire to win is second to none. He will do everything in his power to do so – even in training!
11. Phil Chesters – An Ealing Trailfinders legend who scored an amazing amount of tries over the years. Once when the club were in National League Two he scored 74 tries in a single season.
12. Joe Munroe – Made the Championship Dream Team last season. Very hard working in midfield and he’s been very good for us.
13. Jonathan Joseph – He was a year young when he played U20s with us but he was unbelievable already. No wonder he went on to be England’s starting outside centre and a Lion this summer.
14. Christian Wade – He too was a year young in 2010 and his speed was sensational. He was at Wasps with me so I could see all his skills in full flow every day.
15. Matthew Morgan – A livewire who makes everyone look silly in training and then carves them up on the weekend with his counter-attacks from deep.
Comments are closed on this article.