2. Scott Baldwin – I played with him at the Ospreys. He’s very enthusiastic and a very easy player to play with.
3. Carl Hayman – He was in that Toulon team we faced in the Heineken Cup a few years back and everything at the scrum revolved around him. We lost by two points there but beat them the following week.
4. Bakkies Botha – Another from that European double-header and what a formidable player he was. Very physical lock who’s had a great career at any level he’s played.
5. Joe Launchbury – The Wasps captain is just a machine. I don’t know how he finds the energy for it but he never stops going. Absolutely relentless!
6. Ashley Johnson – One of the most naturally-gifted back rowers I have ever seen. Not the most athletic player around but he’s unbelievable with ball in hand.
7. James Davies – ‘Cubby Boi’ as he’s known is a brilliant jackler from openside. Great in open space, too, as he demonstrated at the Olympics playing Sevens.
8. Nick Williams – I’ve played against him so many times over the years and every time I got myself ready for the toughest of battles. You just know you’ve got to step up when he’s running at you full-tilt.
9. Rhys Webb – I played with him a lot growing up and he’s got that X-factor about him. We’ve seen it at the Ospreys for a while now and I’m happy he’s done it with the Lions this summer.
10. Josh Lewis – Bath have got themselves a very good fly-half who’s good at everything. Most importantly, he’s the only No.10 I know who enjoys tackling.
11. Kristian Phillips – The youngest guy to play in the Magners League when he made his debut for the Ospreys. Incredibly quick and reliable when it comes to scoring tries.
12. Regan King – The best ball-player I have seen. He can do things on a rugby pitch that no other players can.
13. Gareth Owen – He’s just joined Leicester and he’s a very hard hitter in midfield. He’s also very skilful and can hit the ball from one end of the pitch to the other with his monster boot.
14. Josh Bassett – He’s young but he’s worked his socks off to find his place in the Wasps squad and he’s become one of the best wingers in the Premiership as a result.
15. Rhys Priestland – He’s as good at full-back as he is at fly-half but I’m picking him also because he’s been great to me over the years on and off the pitch.
Comments are closed on this article.