2. Richard Hibbard – He always got excited before a scrum and it was always great to pack down alongside him. We used to love tormenting the tighthead.
3. Carl Hayman – The hardest tighthead I played against which happened twice over the years. I wish Richard was next to me in those games!
4. Alun-Wyn Jones – He brings so much energy and enthusiasm to the pack. The ultimate professional who doesn’t care about anything other than playing rugby.
5. Ian Gough – He helped me massively when I was younger coming through at the Ospreys. He always worked with you at the scrum to bring a lot of weight from behind.
6. Jerry Collins – His name speaks for itself really and I was lucky to play with him for three years at the Ospreys. He never feared anyone on the field, putting huge hits both sides of the ball.
7. Marty Holah – It was a tossup with Justin Tipuric but I’m going with Marty because of his wise head. He’d bring so much confidence to the team by being so calm. Justin is such a great openside with some of the best skills around.
8. Filo Tiatia – He brought such a physical presence on the pitch and we’d make sure the opposition knew he was on the pitch. He used to love calling people out before a game and go after them.
9. Rhys Webb – I played with him from the U15s in Bridgend to the Ospreys and Wales together. I know him inside out so I can anticipate what he’s about to do.
10. Dan Biggar – Another one I played with for years at age-group levels. I must have played over 100 games with him and he’s so good at keeping the ship steaming.
11. Shane Williams – The coaches at the Ospreys used to love putting the front rowers in front of him in training saying “if you can stop him you can stop anyone” – I never did!
12. Scott Williams – He makes a great partnership with ‘Foxy’ bringing size and skills to the midfield. Passing, running or hitting hard, he can do it all.
13. Jonathan Davies – He does his job really well and he’s at his best when surrounded by good players. He has that extra gear and that’s why he was outstanding for the Lions in New Zealand.
14. Tommy Bowe – I still can’t believe he’s finished some of the tries he scored for the Ospreys. Loved to come off his wing looking for work.
15. Kurtley Beale – You never know what he’s going to do. As a prop chasing a kick, he’s the type of player you definitely wait for the defensive line to catch up with you rather than go on your own.
Comments are closed on this article.