2. Garin Jenkins – Can’t beat ‘old school’ and this guy was the best at that. Very clever and very passionate at everything he said and did. He could have been a comedian if not a rugby player.
3. Census Johnston – He had the mobility and hands of a ten but was playing in a prop’s body. Blessed with a massive engine and wouldn’t be afraid to take a pass in broken play and create something unexpected.
4. Ignacio Fernandez Lobbe – The ‘Godfather’ of Argentinean rugby. A true example of when the mind is stronger than the body. His motivational vibe would make you want to go to war.
5. Tyrone Maullin – Probably the hardest man I’ve met as he was brought up in the jungles of South Africa. He would refuse to leave the pitch, no matter what the injury.
6. Juan Martín Fernandez Lobbe – The ‘Braveheart’ of Rugby. This guy never gives up and his attitude spread through the team like a disease.
7. George Smith – Punched way over his weight and was always at the right place at the right time. He used to read the game like he could see into the future.
8. Jerry Collins – Has ended a few playing careers early from just a single tackle! The man is hard as a rock and just refused to go backwards.
9. Bryan Redpath – He had great control, possessed a very clever game sense and could make an outstanding pass off the ground.
10. Luke McAlister – A running ten that always hits the line flat. He was massive in defence and would just add that little spark creating magic out of nothing.
11. Epi Taione – In the 1999 World Cup he was at his best – fast, strong and became another back-rower when needed.
12. Scott Gibbs – Another true leader and was one of those guys that when the chips were down he would do something spectacular to create hope and belief to get the team back on track.
13. Seilala Mapusua – A true warrior who led by example. He didn’t have to say much off the pitch as all of his talking was done by how he performed on it.
14. Shaun Payne – The hardest, most intelligent player I’ve met. Was a typical example of a player that always did things right and you could always rely on him to back you up.
15. Jason Robinson – A true legend who never failed to deliver what he promised. His ability to slice through gaps that were never there was just amazing to witness.
Comments are closed on this article.