2. Dylan Hartley – I am going with my man Dylan here. His arrows at the lineout are sharp and he is good around the pitch too. His scrummaging is really good.
3. Ben Tameifuna – The guy is a monster! He plays for Racing 92 and he hits like a train. Crazy pace and a big work rate for a guy that size – 140kg is the official number I think.
4. Courtney Lawes – When Courtney hits, he hits hard and his carrying is amazing, too. You need a tall guy for the lineout so I’ve got to chuck him in there.
5. Alun Wyn Jones – The Wales captain is an amazing leader. Like Courtney he is a good lineout option and a good carrier. He just never gives up.
6. George Smith – I’m going to pick two opensides so George would wear No.6. The guy is a machine and he turns the ball over like nobody. Also a good leader on the field.
7. Michael Hooper – He is one of the best openside in world rugby at the minute because of his work-rate around the field. He hits hard and he is a real nuggety fella. Amazing player.
8. Louis Picamoles – You see how he plays for us at Northampton and then he goes away with France and he tears up, too. The man is a monster. An easy choice.
9. Kahn Fotuali’i – He is one of the best scrum-halves I have played with. He can create anything from nothing from the base of the ruck. He is an amazing player.
10. Dan Carter – He has been one of my heroes growing up in New Zealand and I got to play against him in the Champions Cup last year. He has been very consistent over the years.
11. George North – Big carrier and big man who loves to come off his wing and carry on the blindside.
12. Owen Farrell – He’s done very well for England in this position during the recent Six Nations. It’s good to have another playmaker on the field.
13. Manu Tuilagi – When fit, he is a monster and he’ll demolish any backline. I got to tackle him once but, thankfully, I was the second person to come in. I wish he was fit, he is amazing to watch.
14. Christian Wade – The Wasps flyer is a try-scoring machine. He will score some incredible tries that no one else could ever dream of scoring.
15. Israel Folau – He is the most athletic guy I have played against. He can make anybody look stupid. He is wicked and you wonder how he can move like that being so tall.
Comments are closed on this article.