2. Aleki Lutui – One of the toughest men you’ll ever come across. He’s made of stone. When the Warriors needed someone to make an impact in a game we’d turn to Aleki and he’d put in a huge tackle or carry hard.
3. Tevita Taumoepeau – I’ve never played in the scrum but he’s built for it. You always need a tighthead that’s going to secure you good ball at the set-piece.
4. Greg Rawlinson – The enforcer in my team. A tough man you want in your side just in case it kicks off. If he’s got your back you’ll be ok.
5. Craig Gillies – The best lineout forward in the business. Like Tevita with the scrum, you know when Craig is in the air you’ll get good lineout ball to attack from.
6. Kai Horstmann – Great ball carrier and very good skills. Always seems to do the right thing at the right time.
7. Pat Sanderson – He’d be the captain in this team. He was massively inspirational for me coming through as a youngster. Someone who would put his body on the line for his team.
8. Sergio Parisse – I’ve never played against anyone who seemed to be a class above the rest like Parisse did when we played Stade Francais a few years back. A phenomenal player.
9. Shaun Perry – Had a bullet of a pass and on his day, although you could not tell looking at him, very electric around the breakdown. Would make a hole in the defence if there wasn’t one in the first place.
10. Andy Goode – He can single-handedly win you games. Probably the most naturally talented player I’ve played with. Lots of time on the ball and would always put you into space.
11. Julian Savea – He just seems to be tearing up world rugby at the minute. The same physical stature as Jonah Lomu with a great skillset.
12. Sam Tuitupou – The Pocket Rocket has the ability to defy the laws of physics. The tackles he makes on people twice his size is ridiculous. He’s the one to get you over the gainline off the set-piece.
13. Alex Grove – He’s got that bit of pace and flair you need in the outside centre channel and he’s ability to offload is second to none.
14. Miles Benjamin – Strong, powerful and a deadly finisher. Impossible to stop when on form. He’s been getting a lot of game time recently and he’s getting back to where he was four years ago.
15. Chris Latham – I’ve learnt a lot from him. His skills made him a world class player but where he’s a cut above the rest is his rugby brain.
Comments are closed on this article.