2. Ross Ford – He’s very dependable and that’s why he’s won over 100 Test caps for Scotland. He never tends to get injured and does the job perfectly all the time.
3. Carl Hayman – I don’t know anything about the scrum but I played with him at Newcastle and watching the scrum from afar. It looked pretty solid when he was in it.
4. Richie Gray – His height helped him become a master of the lineout as well as catching restarts. He’s always up for the battle and just gets on with it.
5. James Horwill – He likes to think he’s a real enforcer and it’s always nice to have him on the pitch. A natural leader who’s stamping his mark as Quins captain.
6. Chris Robshaw – A work horse who never misses a tackle. He’s good over the ball but he’s also a very good ball carrier. An all-rounder you need in your team.
7. Ross Rennie – He was just a master of the dark arts, crawling into a ruck and somehow coming out with the ball. Technically he was awesome and that was very useful to us at Edinburgh and with Scotland too.
8. David Denton – Unbelievable ball carrier given his size and power. He knows what he’s good at, carrying off second phase, and he does it time after time.
9. Danny Care – Mike Blair deserves a shout but Danny is such a great runner around the ruck which is great for a winger like me. He’s got fantastic chat too.
10. Jonny Wilkinson – You don’t need an explanation here. I played with him at Newcastle and he was just amazing.
11. Tim Visser – Obviously!
12. Jamie Roberts – Made his career on running short lines and he’s brilliant at it. So good to play with because he can open so many gaps in the opposition’s defensive line.
13. Jamie Noon – Another Jamie in midfield. Such a brilliant defender but he never got the credit he deserved for his passing skills. He knew how to put people away including myself back at the Falcons.
14. Sean Lamont – He was so consistent and dependable. A very good winger but he could slot at outside centre even at international level which tells you how good he was.
15. Matt Burke – The Australians legend was simply amazing. He had so much time on the ball that he taught me how to play on the wing during games. I learnt so much playing alongside him.