2. Joe Duffey – My old Nottingham mate could do everything. He was fantastic at the set piece but just as devastating when handling the ball in the wide channels.
3. Ben Franks – A massive reason why London Irish did so well this season, the two-time World Cup winner tag speaks for itself really.
4. Nick Rouse – Phenomenal ability at the set piece and a strong work rate. I know he’ll be a big success at Rotherham as a coach this year.
5. Charlie Matthews – Clear to see back at Loughborough University he was going on to bigger and better things. Great athlete and along with Rousey would make a hell of a partnership in the lineout.
6. Sione Kalamafoni – At times at Nottingham it was a one man show with him in the team. Huge presence and had the ability to run through brick walls.
7. Brent Wilson – He was my captain when I was at Nottingham. A true leader who epitomised what leading from the front really meant.
8. Mark Bright – I have to put the Championship Player of the Year in. He’s 38 now but he still is very impressive. He’s been a stand out performer in the league for years now.
9. Henry Pyrgos – Another former Loughborough Student in this team. Great kicking game and has the ability to control the pace of a game.
10. James Arlidge – I learnt a huge amount from James of what’s required from a No.12 in terms of communication and awareness. Great skillset and could always put you in the right areas when needed.
11. Miles Mantella – It has been great to play with Miles this season. Like all good wingers, he works off his wing very well and always seems to get on the end of things.
12. Manu Tuilagi – I had one experience of playing against him and I’ll never forget it. Blessed with unbelievable pace and power and knows exactly how to use it.
13. Jonathan Joseph – He is turning into one of the best outside centres in the world. Great footwork, pace and handling ability, everything you want from a No.13.
14. Alex Lewington – Another player with all the attributes to make a great winger. He has pace and power but also reads a game very well and always pops up in the right places. Now London Irish are back up in the Premiership, it would be great to see him get some England recognition again.
15. Marcus Watson – Some of the best footwork I’ve seen on a rugby pitch. I’m sure he’ll thrive in that Wasps back line next season.